Innovation in imaging technologies in life sciences is continuous, fast and exciting. To remain at the technological forefront, Euro-BioImaging has established a workflow to ensure that new technologies are continuously integrated by the community into our portfolio. Anyone can suggest new technologies to us at any time!
Suggest a new imaging technology
Whether you are a technology developer, provider or Euro-BioImaging user, use this simple form to inform us of a new imaging technology. The technology may be either completely new, or new to Euro-BioImaging.
After you have made a suggestion for a new technology, the workflow for its inclusion into the Euro-BioImaging portfolio is:
- The technology is Showcased by a person or group to demonstrate its relevance and feasibility for the imaging community. (Not all suggestions lead to Showcasing.)
- A Proof-of-Concept study is arranged to confirm that the new technology can be offered as an open access service via Euro-BioImaging.
- After a successful Proof-of-Concept, the technology is accepted into the Euro-BioImaging portfolio and becomes available to everyone.
Showcasing new imaging technologies
Any technology developer/provider/imaging facility at a public research institution/university in Europe which is offering a new technology to external users can do Showcasing - it is not limited to Euro-BioImaging Nodes. In fact, Showcasing can also be a stepping-stone for becoming a Euro-BioImaging Node. Euro-BioImaging does not coordinate Showcasing, but hopes to be informed of ongoing Showcasing. Afterwards, a simple report needs to be sent to us, if the new technology is to proceed towards becoming and Euro-BioImaging technology.
- If you are about to start Showcasing, pleasetell us about it, so we can advertise your Showcasing.
- If you are a user and interested in a technology being Showcased, tell us about it. This will help us in making it a Euro-BioImaging technology.
- If you have completed Showcasing, please send us a simple report.
Currently ongoing/completed Showcases
A new technology with user need and a functional access model demonstrated by the Showcasing process is included in the first available round of Proof-of-Concept studies. At this point, access to the technology is possible via Technologies on our Web Portal.
- If you are a Node wishing to offer a technology for a proof-of-concept study, pleasetell us about this. Your request will be evaluated by the Euro-BioImaging SAB and you will be informed when open access to the technology can start
- If you are a Node that has finished a proof-of-concept study, please report this to us.
- If you are a Euro-BioImaging SAB member evaluating a new technology, please tell us your opinion.
Please note that the forms in the links above will only become available when Euro-BioImaging is ready to start its Proof-of-Concept activity.
Currently ongoing proof-of-concept studies