Innovation in imaging technologies in life sciences is continuous, fast and exciting. To remain at the technological forefront, Euro-BioImaging has established a workflow to ensure that new technologies are continuously integrated by the community into our Euro-BioImaging portfolio. Anyone can suggest new technologies to us at any time
Suggest a new imaging technology to us now!
Whether a technology developer, technology provider or Euro-BioImaging user, use this simple form to inform us of a new imaging technology! The technology may be either completely new, or new to Euro-BioImaging.
After you have made a suggestion for a new technology, the workflow for its inclusion in Euro-BioImaging is:
- The technology is showcased by someone who provides it, to demonstrate its relevance and feasibility for the imaging community.
- A proof-of-concept study is arranged to confirm that the new technology can be offered as an open access service in Euro-BioImaging.
- The technology is accepted to Euro-BioImaging and becomes available to everyone.
Showcasing new imaging technologies
Any technology developer/provider/imaging facility at a public research institution/university in Europe, which is offering a new technology to external users, can do showcasing - it is not limited to Euro-BioImaging Nodes. In fact, showcasing can also be a stepping-stone for becoming a Euro-BioImaging Node. Euro-BioImaging does not coordinate showcasing, but hopes to be informed of ongoing showcasing. Afterwards, a simple report must be sent to us, if the new technology is to proceed towards becoming and Euro-BioImaging technology.
- If you are about to start showcasing, please tell us about it, so we can advertise your showcasing.
- If you are a user and interested in a technology being showcased,tell us about it. This will help us in making it a Euro-BioImaging technology.
- If you have completed showcasing, please send us a simple report.
Currently ongoing/completed showcasing
A new technology with user need and functional access model demonstrated by showcasing is included in the first available round of proof-of-concept studies conducted by Euro-BioImaging. At this point, access to the technology is possible via Technologies on this portal.
- If you are a Node wishing to offer a technology for a proof-of-concept study, please tell us about this. Your request will be evaluated by the Euro-BioImaging SAB and you will be informed when open access to the technology can start
- If you are a Node that has finished a proof-of-concept study, please report this to us.
- If you are a Euro-BioImaging SAB member evaluating a new technology, please tell us your opinion.
Please note that the forms in the links above will only become available when Euro-BioImaging is ready to start its proof-of-concept activity.